A helpful guide to buying indoor plants online
Are you looking for an indoor plant that can beautify your home or office? If so, you’ve come to the right place. This helpful guide explains everything you need to know about choosing the perfect house plant, and introduces many of Studioplant’s most popular plant species.
Benefits of buying indoor plants from an online shop
House plants are perfect for relieving stress, improving your mood, and beautifying your home. But what are good reasons to order your indoor plants online, instead of offline?
1. Fresh from the grower
Thanks to the trusted relationships between Studioplant and our growers, we only sell fresh house plants from the grower. This ensures the plants that you receive will be healthy and beautiful!
In contrast, when you buy a plant from a traditional garden centre or other retailer, in most cases it spends much more time getting from the greenhouse to your home. During this traditional distribution and sales process, the temperature and light conditions change often. This is not optimal for the health of the plant.
2. Plant-friendly packaging
Before shipping out your order, we ensure they’re perfectly wrapped in plant-friendly packaging so they arrive safely at your door. Working with our trusted shipping partner, we currently offer free delivery on all plants to specific locations.
3. Plants are delivered directly to your home or office
When you order from Studioplant, we deliver your chosen plants directly to your home or office, meaning you don’t have to transport the plant yourself. When transporting plants yourself without proper packaging, the plants are quickly damaged. In addition, not everyone has muscles and a spacious car!
4. Buy now, pay later!
Not ready to pay for your house plant upfront? No problem! Our efficient online payment service Klarna allows you to buy your chosen plant now and pay later, giving you no excuses not to beautify your home right now with the plant of your choice.
5. Additional benefits of buying indoor plants online
If you order at Studioplant, we will deliver the plants you have chosen directly to your home or office in Germany, The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Austria or Luxembourg. But there are more advantages of buying indoor plants online:
- Convenience: you don't have to go to a physical store to carry plants around
- You don't have to arrange suitable transportation, which is particularly difficult for larger plants
- Online, there is a lot more information available than in a physical store
- In an online shop, you can buy plants based on your own set of filters. This way you can be sure that the chosen plant is suitable for your home or office
- The product range in an online shop is much larger than in a physical store
- An online shop is always open, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
Buying indoor plants and having them delivered in big cities like Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris
The advantages mentioned above are even more relevant for orders with a delivery address in major cities like:
- Germany: Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich and Hamburg
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- France: Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseille
- Belgium: Brussels and Antwerp
- Austria: Vienna
Many people living in a big city don't have a car or parking space in front of their home. Biking or public transport are not the best options for transporting one or more (large and cumbersome) plants. And when you finally get home, you still have to lug the plants up to your third-floor apartment.
How do I choose the best indoor plants?
How do you select the perfect plant species for your home with so many beautiful plants to choose from? We recognise that it’s far from easy to pick the most suitable indoor plants for your home setting, which is why we’re here to help you! Our helpful plant finder is the perfect tool to begin, which is a simple four-step questionnaire tool that asks the following questions:
- Do you want a plant with or without a pot?
- What is the desired height of the plant?
- Where will the plant be located?
- Which attributes do you consider important?
Answering these simple questions helps narrow down your search, and we direct you to the indoor plants that are best suited to your requirements and home setting.
What are the different types of indoor plants?
You’re probably aware that there are many varieties of indoor plants you can choose from, as each species has different attributes and benefits. Some of the types of indoor plants available from our store include:
- Air-purifying plants
- Bathroom plants
- Office plants
- Bedroom plants
- Indoor plants with decorative pot
- Non-toxic and pet-friendly plants
- Easy-to-care for plants
- Large indoor plants
- Small indoor plants
Which house plants are most popular? Studioplant’s top 10 indoor plant species
Now that we’ve looked at the different types of indoor plants available, we want to present the top 10 indoor plant species that our customers love adding to their homes.
- Kentia palm
- Plant terrariums
- Areca palm
- Zamioculcas Zamiifolia
- Banana plant
How do I care for indoor plants?
At Studioplant, we’re committed to helping our customers care for their indoor plants so that they can thrive in the long term. As such, we’ve compiled comprehensive care- and propagation guides for all of the plant species that we sell. Within our care guides, you will find the following information:
- The best indoor location for your plant;
- How much water your plant needs;
- Details about any nutrition that your plant requires;
- Information about repotting your plant;
- Essential details about the plant’s toxicity;
- A guide to your plant’s air-purifying qualities;
- Considerations relating to any diseases or peculiarities of your plant.
I want to buy a plant online as a gift, with a personal message. How can I do that?
Indoor plants make excellent gifts, whether you’re saying thank you or expressing your love to that special someone. We’ve collated a range of ideal plants as gifts, but any of the indoor plants listed on our site can be gifted.
You can order your chosen plant and arrange for it to be delivered directly to your chosen recipient. We don’t include any of your billing details in the order, so you don’t have to worry about sharing your personal information.
There’s also the option to add a personal message to the plant you’re sending, which can be done just before adding a product to your cart. Overall, ordering a plant as a gift is a wonderful way to show your affection or gratitude.